Sunday, 14 July 2013

Just A Minute...in July



I posted my last 'Just A Minute' well over a year ago and thought I'd revive it in an attempt to post more frequently - think of it as a quick update between friends!

Wearing... As little as possible, and hating every minute of it. I'm not built for climates that don't accommodate cardigans. 
 Oh and a grunge inspired 90's outfit for our themed summer BBQ (above).

Reading... Tons of great blog posts after having a re-arrange on Bloglovin (check out Rosalilium's mouthwatering recipe index and this great observation piece about attitudes by Spadge) as well as Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez, which I keep picking up and putting down. Is it just me who struggles to concentrate on literature in this heavy heat?

Looking forward to... Visiting the lovely ladies I lived with at University next weekend. It's been over a year since the four of us have been together, and I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to some 'girl time'. It's heartwarming to know that we've all taken such individual paths after graduating, yet still have that bond.

Eating... My first homemade choux pastry buns (recipe coming soon!) and a lot of BBQ food - my favourite hot weather tradition. Forget the stereotypical meat, meat and more meat approach; in our house, you'll find plenty of potato salads, vegetable kebabs, and at least one dish from this amazing Ottolengi cookbook (the chargrilled asparagus, courgettes and manouri recipe is a particular favourite of mine).

3 comments:

  1. Ooh that bbq food sounds delightful! I am quite enjoying getting to wear my summer dresses which have been hiding in my wardrobe for around a year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I'm lucky that Charlie likes to cook (is it selfish that I buy him cookbooks for my benefit as much as his?) I've heard the weather in the Midlands has actually been pretty awesome too - I love Nottingham in the sun, it's like a different city! x

      Delete

  2. Dr.Brave Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is William David,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete