Thursday, 22 November 2012

Ways To Wear Challenge: The Little Black Dress

My lovely friend Gemma Cartwright (the extremely talented woman behind Catwalk Queen and Big Girls Browse) recently decided to put together her own outfit challenge, and I jumped at the chance to do something I haven't done in a while - a fashion related post.

Although I write about shopping and fashion for a living, I've never classed myself as a 'fashion blogger' - yes I have occasionally shared photos of the outfits I've worn, but quite frankly my wardrobe is in dire need of updating and I tend to wear the same things over and over and over again. Inspired by Gemma, I figured it was time to step outside of my comfort zone and focus on what I wear rather than what's on the red carpet, so without further ado, here's my first entry into the Ways To Wear Challenge!

 

Even though 90% of my clothing consists of dark clothing, I actually have a surprising low number of black dresses (two to be precise!) I decided to go for a sheer boxy dress that I got from Topshop forever ago - I've never worn it in the day before as I always thought it was too 'office', but, determined to try something new, I threw a grey cardigan over it for a more laid back look. I didn't want to break it up with a waisted belt because for me, the details of the dress are enough. The vertical stitching travels down the front panel add another dimension to it - stopping it from being a boring old bib - and there are tiny buttons down the back. The hem is gathered slightly at the sides too, providing a subtle cocoon effect.

I teamed the dress with black tights, black ankle boots and kept the accessories to a minimum; a black briefcase style handbag and a gold hare necklace. Not wanting the outfit to consist purely of dark colours, I added a slick of my favourite red lipstick for a pop of colour. Et voila!



If you want to join in, it couldn't be simpler. Head over to Big Girls Browse on the 5th of the month to find out what the theme is, style it up your way, and send across your blog post to Gemma by the 20th. You don't need to have a designer wardrobe or the best camera on the market - just an interest in dressing up! To find out more, click here.

12 comments:

  1. A very lovely outfit and a very pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit for work !! I like your LBD !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful and lovely.Like you.
    Getting FREE Christmas Gifts Here,http://www.japan-lingzhi-2daydiet.com/Christmas.html.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking wicked, Amy. So jealous of how tall and long legged you are! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! You are so amazingly lovely.*Swoon*
    Love the gold hare necklace too.

    -Danielle
    CurvesCultsCurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your lovely comments ladies *blushes* xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you mostly serve as an author just for this website or you do that for other Internet portals?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit, you've inspired me on what to wear tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Gabi! Glad to be of service :)

      Delete
  9. You look mega sophisticated! so classy. I'm the complete opposite and have loads of bright colours in my wardrobe but I still have a soft spot for a black dress.

    ReplyDelete

  10. Dr.Brave Help Me To Stop A Divorce And Save My Marriage Today?

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is William David,i live in TEXAS,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same website http://bravespellcaster.yolasite.com,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to "bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit! I particularly love the gold hare necklae. Do you remember where you purchased it?

    ReplyDelete